Welcome to the first I Jam Econo Independent Alternative Underground Popquiz!
It’s in English (why? I dunno), it’s fairly easy (me thinks), even though it’s cryptic (I might be wrong about ‘easy’…), and it’s all about The Underground (whatever that may be these days). Here are 12 descriptions of bands or musicians. Putting the boldcursive letters right after another (no articles, f.e. ‘the’!) will lead you to a simple but important message.
Send in your answer by placing a comment. These will not be published of course. All the right answers will earn you my deepest respect, but just the message, and you’re in for the big prize. Which will be a “I Jam Econo Greatest Hits” CDR.
Deadline is September the 30th. The winner will be drawn and contacted.
9/11 Update: ‘I might be wrong about easy’… I was, apparently. So, just like in normal crypto’s, here’s a few bonus-letters, plus it’s clear now how many words a name has.
9/11 Update 2: I made a pretty stupid mistake, I just found out, with question no.11. Hence a new question. Sorry ‘bout that! (the answer was Nurse With Wound, btw…)
The I Jam Econo Independent Alternative Underground Popquiz
1. Down under these two are no short giants.(10 letters/you need letter no.5)
_ _ L L _ _ _ _ _ _
2. Chubby Checker wouldn’t know how to dance to these German indietronix popmeisters. (7/2)
_ _ _ W _ _ T
3. Quit throwing stones man! Don’t be crazy! You’re simply the best producer of sounds and beats I know man! (6/5)
M _ _ _ _ _
4. Their songs were short, but you’d be a jackass for not liking these dudes. (9/5)
_ _ N _ _ _ _ _ N
5. Hey du Harry, get ze car, we vill drive to Detroit to find ze house zis elektronic moesizian ist living in. (10/10)
_ _ _ _ _ C _ _ A _
6. His career started out quite foggy, but all’s clear now for William. (4/3)
_ M _ _
7. Damn, even these old German farts started again! (3/3)
_ E _
8. A flower caught in six strings, a plug to make it sound beautiful. (8/5)
_ _ _ K _ _ _ E
9. What is R’n’R? These Belgium boys had the answer in ’78. (4/4)
_ _ D _
10. Mr. A. Pierce is all mixed up from playing all those instruments. (10/4)
M _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ E
11. Ooh, these riddims are making my jeans itch! (15/1)
_ _ _ _ C _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Y
12. Summer is over for these blokes. (4/1)
_ _ L _